The testo 606-1 moisture meter can measure different types of wood and building materials. It is easy to use and comes with a wide range of quality features.
The two ram electrodes are pushed firmly into the wood or building material where they measure the moisture content as a percentage based on the dry mass (dry weight).
There is a hold function and a backlit display for use in all lighting conditions. A protective cap and belt bag ensure that the meter is stored safely and a hand strap prevents the meter from being dropped.
Practical – the characteristic curves in the testo 606-1 moisture meter
The testo 606-1 comes complete with a wide range of characteristic curves for wood and building materials. This allows the measured the moisture content to be shown directly as a weight percentage.
Characteristic curves for precise wood moisture measurements:
Characteristic curves for precise building material measurements:
- cement screed
- anhydrite screed
- cement mortar
- limestone mortar
Wood / Building material moisture
- Measuring range
- 8.8 to 54.8 % by weight; beech, spruce, larch, birch, cherry, walnut
- 7.0 to 47.9 % by weight; oak, pine, maple, ash-tree, douglas fir, meranti
- 0.9 to 22.1 % by weight; cement screed, concrete
- 0.0 to 11.0 % by weight; anhydrite screed
- 0.7 to 8.6 % by weight; cement mortar
- 0.6 to 9.9 % by weight; lime mortar, plaster
- 0.1 to 16.5 % by weight; bricks
- Accuracy: ±1 %
- Resolution: 0.1
- Measuring rate: 1 sec
General technical data
- Protection class: IP20
- Battery type: 2 AAA batteries
- Battery life: 200 h (average, without display illumination)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 158 °F / -40 to +70 °C
- Weight: 3 oz. (protective cap and batteries included) / 90 g (protective cap and batteries included)
- Dimensions: 5 x 2 x 1 in. (incl. protective cap) / 119 x 46 x 25 mm (incl. protective cap)
- Operating temperature: 14° to 122 °F / -10 to +50 °C